Thursday, April 5, 2007

My Interweb is broken..

Doh.

Woke up and the magical broadband wireless router seems sick. I found a little note somewhere in Spanish that has a bunch of info on what the three lights on the thing mean but it didn't really help.

I did see something about not putting the modem within 60 meters (60!!) of a computer with wifi, so maybe my wifi router snuggled next to it caused some issues.

I rebooted it a bunch and it didn't seem to help, but every time I'd leave it unplugged it would get slightly better, seemingly getting closer to working the longer I left it unplugged. I do not really understand the mechanism in electronics that would make that so.

So I wandered out to find an internet cafe. I'm in a quarter size cubicle right now, but at least I have connectivity.

Next I need to find someplace that will sell me a prepaid sim so I can call the interweb people and find out what's up. (if it hasn't magically fixored itself this afternoon)

2 comments:

Ali said...

"maybe my wifi router snuggled next to it caused some issues..."

Maybe your modem's just taking a siesta. Don't all Latin-lovin electro-nicos do that after their noches romanticos?

Nic Pottier said...

Maybe the WiMax and WiFi got some hot lovin going on last night when I wasn't noticing and that's why the WiMax is taking a siesta now.

Who knows.

Thank god for stealing wifi though.